Did you get a Traffic Citation in Riverside County, CA?Traffic tickets are never fun, but if you haven't taken a traffic school course for ticket dismissal in the past 18 months, you can take Traffic School by Improv and actually enjoy a few laughs while saving yourself some money on your auto insurance!
Your OptionsBelow are the options available to you for Riverside County traffic citations as well as our recommended best choice for your Riverside county traffic citation: taking an online traffic school:
- Pay your citation. Traffic ticket fines must be paid prior to the due date or penalties will be incurred. Paying for your traffic citation will result in points being placed on your driving record for 3 years. This is not the best choice, as points on your driver’s license will cause your insurance rates to increase.
- Fight the ticket. If you feel you are innocent of the violation, you may contest your citation by appearing in court and entering a plea of not guilty. To do this, you must:
1. Submit a written request for a court trial; and 2. Pay the full amount of bail which is indicated on the notice you should have received in the mail.
Your written request for a court trial, along with a check for the full bail amount may be submitted to the court clerk’s office in person or by sending to the court address listed on your ticket.
If you are declared innocent of the violation by the judge, your traffic ticket will be dismissed and your fines will be refunded to you by the Riverside County traffic court.
If you are found guilty of the traffic violation, you should ask for the Judge’s permission to attend traffic school so you can get your ticket dismissed and avoid increased auto insurance rates.
- Request an extension. The Riverside County traffic courts allow you two 30-day extensions from the original appearance date indicated on your traffic ticket.
- Complete a DMV-approved Traffic Violator School Course. Attending a California Approved Traffic School is the best way to handle your Riverside traffic ticket because you will avoid points from appearing on your driving record which will keep your insurance rates from going up.
You will be required to pay the whole ticket fine amount as well as a $57.00 traffic school processing fee. When paying the fine, you will be given the option to take a Riverside County traffic school. We recommend taking CA Traffic School Online. It is much simpler and can be done 24/7 from your computer without having to leave your home in Riverside County.
To pay your ticket/request to attend traffic school or to request an extension, you may do so the following ways:
- In person at any Riverside County traffic court location, including the following traffic courts in Riverside County:
- Banning Court - 135 N. Alessandro Road, Banning, CA 92220
- Blythe Court - 65 N. Broadway, Blythe, CA 92225
- Hemet Court - 880 N. State Street, Hemet, CA 92543
- Indio - 46-200 Oasis Street, Indio, Ca. 92201
- Moreno Valley - 13800 Heacock Street, Bldg. D #201, Moreno Valley, CA 92553
- Temecula - 41002 County Center Drive #100, Temecula, Ca. 92591