You're almost ready to start your West Virginia course!
You will be up and running in less than 30 seconds
Which West Virginia course should I choose?
This course is used by individual West Virginia courts and traffic enforcement agencies for ticket dismissal as part of the traffic ticket adjudication. Complete this course only if you were given permission or ordered by the court or regulatory agency.
See why over 3 million students picked us as the number one choice...
Written by professional Hollywood writers and fueled by laughs from the Improv Comedy Club
Defensive Driving in WV
We are pleased to announce our Defensive Driving Program for the State of West Virginia.
Voted Best Traffic School
Won countless accolades from students and the media, including "Best Traffic School" designation.
Certificate in 30 Minutes
Electronic proof of completion Issued in 30 minutes and original mailed same day.
24/7 US Based Support
Rain, snow, or shine - our US based support team is here 7 days a week ready assist you with any questions you may have.
Cut The Cord
Access your West Virginia Defensive Driving Course anywhere, anytime from any device.
We just ask that you don't do it while driving.
Defensive Driving by Improv was created over 20 years ago...
Founded in partnership with the World Famous Improv Comedy Club.
Created by the famed Improv Comedy Club, our Improv Defensive Driving Course provides a convenient and cost-effective way to complete your defensive driving class online. Based on a simple notion that a defensive driving course doesn’t have to be dry and boring, our West Virginia Defensive Driver Course has undergone numerous studies and have proven effective in reducing future tickets and accidents.
- Only $27.95
- Proof of completion in 30 minutes
- Voted #1 Best Defensive Driving School
- 24/7 US Based Support
- No Proctored Exams
*Please check with your court and/or insurance carrier to confirm their acceptance of nationally certified defensive driving course
Get started FAST
Take advantage of our free express registration and get going in less than one minute.
10 simple chapters on an easy to navigate page. If you are not ready to pay, you can start the course now with no obligations just pay at any time before you complete to get full credit.
And you are DONE
Just complete 10 easy chapters.
Our West Virginia Defensive Driving Course is completed online, making it quick and easy. Start at work (it will be our little secret), do a little at lunch, Come back another day over a cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop, and you can always do it at home! Your pace, your time, your place.
Still not convinced? See Our Testimonials.
From students who took our Defensive Driving Courses in West Virginia.
West Virginia Defensive Driving
More information to help you make the right choice.
Attending classes for defensive driving in West Virginia (traffic school) can benefit you greatly whether or not your driving record is tainted.
Voluntarily taking classes will always help you be a better driver. A defensive driving course can help to improve your skills to prevent accidents in the future and to help you avoid committing traffic violations.
If you have a poor driving record the WV Division of Motor Vehicles or local traffic court may require your participation in traffic school in order to:
- Decrease or remove points from your driving record
- Dismiss a traffic ticket
- Reduce premiums on your insurance policy
Driving Record Points
In WV accumulated points stay on your driving record for two years while the traffic violation itself remains for seven years. The accumulation of points typically results in a license suspension.
By attending a West Virginia Defensive Driving Class you may be able to have points deducted from your driver’s record.
- For every course you complete, driving record points are reduced by 3 points. However, you are eligible only once in 12 months to have points removed.
- A driver with a bad record who has accumulated 14 points is ineligible to have a license suspension removed after taking a West Virginia Defensive Driving Course.
Dismiss a Traffic Ticket
If you received a traffic citation the court may dismiss your ticket if you attend West Virginia defensive driving classes. However, this depends upon the seriousness of the violation and your past driving record. In certain circumstances the court may require that you complete a defensive driving course in addition to fines or other penalties.
In most cases to qualify for a traffic ticket dismissal:
- You must have a valid WV driver’s license
- The ticket issues is for committing a single violation
- You have not attended defensive driving classes within the last 12-18 months.
- You were not driving a commercial vehicle when you received the citation
Reduced Insurance Premiums
Contact your insurance agent to see if you are eligible for a rate reduction if you complete a defensive driving course.
Plan to spend between 4 and 8 hours to complete your defensive driving course.
- WV defensive driving classes usually take between 4 and 8 hours to complete.
- You are required to pass the course to obtain credit for successful completion.
- One or more tests may be administered to achieve passing status.
- Courses may be taken in person or online. However, the court may order you to take the classes in a specific manner. Be sure to confirm before signing up.
- If the online option is available to you the course usually must be completed within 180 days of registration.
- You may fail the course if you are unable to complete the course within the time required by either the court or the course provider and be ineligible for a refund.