Get going in less than 30 seconds!
In order to get you started, we need to know just a little bit about you.
Voted Best Traffic School
- Accepted by all CA Courts
- 6 Easy Chapters - No Timers
- Certificate within 30 minutes
- US Based Support 7 Days a Week
Which California course should I choose?
STRAIGHT FORWARD, ALL- INCLUSIVE PRICING!
Our prices are fixed. We do not add surprise fees at check out. Just select the package
that works for YOU.
See why 97% of students love Improv Traffic School
It happens to everyone - but we here at improv have your back! It's our mission to help you get through it with a smile.
CA DMV Licensed
We are a fully licensed traffic school by the California DMV and are accepted by all CA Courts.
Voted Best Traffic School
Won countless accolades from students and the media, including the "Best Traffic School" designation.
Certificate in 30 Minutes
Complete at your own pace. Your completion certificate will be processed within 30 minutes of completion.
7-Day a Week Support
Rain, snow, or shine - our U.S. based support team is here 7 days a week ready to assist you with any questions you may have.
Traffic School by Improv Comedy Club was created over 20 years ago...
Written by professional Hollywood writers and fueled by laughs from the Improv Comedy Club
Our CA Traffic School was created in California in partnership with the World Famous Improv Comedy Club to make it Fun, Fast, and Effective. Improv Traffic School's unique edutainment courses have won copious accolades from students and the media, resulting in our being named Best Traffic School year after year.
- We are accepted by all CA courts
- Only 6 Chapters / No Timers Required
- 25 question multiple-choice exit quiz
- Certificate in 30 Minutes
- FREE BONUS – 4 Tickets to the Improv Comedy Club ($60 Value)
- Free mobile app
Improv Traffic School is proud to be licensed by the State of California to offer you a certified CA Online Traffic School. View our certification.
*State, Shipping and Special Processing Fees may apply.
Get started FAST
Take advantage of our free express registration to get going in less than one minute.
Six simple chapters on an easy to navigate page. Complete them now, or take as much time as you need. You won't have to complete the course all in one sitting because your progress in automatically saved. No commitment. No risk. Just sign up today, and enjoy our course right away.
Still not convinced? See our testimonials.
From students who took our Traffic School in California.
Do I qualify for California traffic school?
More information to help you make the right choice.
There are relatively few requirements for attending traffic school. In general, you may attend if the following applies:
- Your driver's license is valid.
- You were driving a noncommercial vehicle when the offense occurred.
- Your ticket involves a moving violation.
- The court offers a notice indicating possible eligibility for traffic school in California.
If your driver's license is a noncommercial license and the court allows you to attend a California Traffic School for an eligible offense, it will change how the offense appears on your record.
In this instance, once you complete the approved traffic school, you'll receive a confidential conviction. This means that the incident will appear on your driving record with the DMV; however you will not receive the point that hurts your driving record and causes insurance rates to soar.
In certain circumstances, the court may offer traffic school as an option to drivers who have commercial licenses, but only if the offense occurred in non-commercial vehicles. In these instances, the conviction will appear on record with the DMV but the point, again, will not.
It's important to note that if you do qualify to attend driver school and decide not to do so, your auto insurance rates may be negatively affected by that decision.
Not all California driving offenses, however, qualify for driving school in the state of California. You may not opt for driving school in the following instances:
- Non-moving violations, such as parking.
- Offenses mandating court appearances.
- Equipment-related offenses.
- Infraction offenses.
- Offenses occurring under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- Offenses occurring in commercial vehicles.
You're also ineligible for traffic school if you've attended within the past 18 months for another approved offense.
Other reasons exist that would exclude you from utilizing traffic violator school. You can find those in the California Rules of Court. The specific rule is: rule 4.104.
You should consult with a qualified attorney if you were deemed ineligible for traffic school and believe you should be eligible. You should never, however, sign up for traffic school without court approval of traffic school attendance ahead of time.
What happens when you decide to enroll in traffic school?
If the court allows you the opportunity to attend traffic school, you must complete the course by the court required date as to not receive points on your record for the violation.
People with non-commercial driver's licenses will receive confidential convictions on their DMV records, while those with commercial driver's licenses will receive a general conviction both without the corresponding point.
You will be required to pay the ticket first, then an administrative fee to the court, as well as the traffic school fee for attendance.
You must request permission from the court, by the ticket's due date, if you decide to attend traffic school without first going to court.
Once you complete the course, the traffic school will let the DMV know so appropriate action on their end can be taken.
For any other questions?
Useful Learning Resources:
- CA Traffic Ticket 101
- Traffic Court in San Diego
- How to Deal with a CA Traffic Ticket
- CA Traffic Tickets
- About Traffic Ticket Dismissal
- How to Request Traffic School
- Test Your CA Traffic Ticket Knowledge!
- Santa Clara Traffic Court Information
- Price For Speeding Tickets in CA
- California Same Day Traffic School
- California Trial by Declaration
- New California Driving Laws 2014
- California Driver Resources
- CA Drivers License Status Check
- California Driver's License
- California Course Testimonials
- How to Enroll in Traffic School
- Distracted Driving Ban In California
- California Certificate Delivery
- California Prop. 33 Can Save You Money
- California Course FAQ's