WE DO NOT SELL PERSONAL DATA.
Interactive Education Concepts, Inc. (“Company,” “we,” “us,” “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The myimprov.com website provide a Service with a variety of features related to driver education and safety training.
- HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect any information you enter on our website, or that you give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our Services and features. We collect the following types of information about you:
Registration and Profile Information: When you create an account, we may collect your personal information such as your username, first and last name, email address, and mobile phone number. If you want to add a family member’s name to your account, we collect the family member’s first and last name, email address, and mobile phone number.
Data collected through use of the Service: After you set up your account, we may ask for other profile and demographic information, such as age, gender, state, household size, and auto insurance information.
Social Media: When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you Like us on Facebook or post a comment to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Service.
Information we collect automatically using technology: When you visit our website, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us, we and our business partners may automatically collect certain information about your computer or device through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, log files, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, or other tracking/recording tools (collectively, “tracking technologies”), and we may combine this information with other personal information we collect about you. We use these tracking technologies to collect usage and device information, such as:
Information about how you access the Service, for example, referral/exit pages, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Service.
Information about how you use the Service, for example, the features you use, the links you click, purchase transaction information, your location when you access or interact with our Service, and other similar actions.
Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/ model/ manufacturer, operating system, phone number, mobile carrier, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, for example, a UDID, IDFA, Google Ad ID, Windows Advertising ID or other persistent device identifier or Ad ID), battery life, and other such information. With your permission, we may also access your photo or camera roll.
We may collect analytics data using tools such as Segment, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Segment’s practices at https://segment.com/legal/privacy/ and Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use this information to (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Service; (ii) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (iii) track your location and movements; (iv) identify and contact you across multiple devices; (v) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service and our marketing campaigns; (vi) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns; (vii) diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our Users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or User IDs; (viii) detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities; and (xi) otherwise plan for and enhance our Service.
If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. These browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on non-cookie technologies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
Do Not Track (DNT) Policy: Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals or settings from your browser at this time.
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information: We share your personal information with third parties outside the Company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates in some circumstances, as follows:
Any information or content that you voluntarily post to our website or to our social media pages will automatically be available to the public. We may publicly post your reviews and comments online on our website, or link your reviews to third party websites.
Other instances in which we may share your information: We may also share your information for business purposes, as follows:
- We may share your personal information with our third-party business partners, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf or who help us provide our Services, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing, or analytic services, and to other third-party partners or service providers who contractually agree to process personal information solely as necessary to provide services or features to our users.
- We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, and other user information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also share, transfer, or assign such information during corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
- Interactive Education Concepts is a U.S.-based organization, and we store your personal information in the USA, which may be outside your jurisdiction of residence. Our partners and service providers may also store your personal information outside your jurisdiction of residence. Accordingly, your personal information will be accessible to law enforcement and/or regulatory authorities according to the applicable laws of such jurisdictions.
De-Identified Information: We may also share your information with third parties in a form that does not reasonably identify you directly. These third parties may use the de-identified information for any purpose.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We care about the security of your information and use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. If any information under our control is compromised because of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised, and take other steps in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Your access to some Services and content is password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend you sign out of password-protected services at the end of your session.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You may, of course, decline to submit any personal information through the Service, in which case Company may not be able to provide its Services to you.
Modifying Your Account Information and Settings: You may modify your account information, update, or amend your personal information, or change your password at any time by logging in to your account. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emails and Notifications: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. You may not opt-out of Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may also unsubscribe from receiving SMS text messages by replying “STOP” to the number sending the message. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising: We may share information about your use of our Services over time, including location information, with third party ad networks, social media companies and other third parties so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites, apps or services, or on other devices or advertising channels. We may also display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others. These third party ad partners collect and use information such as click stream information, timestamp, hashed email address, device ID or AdID, your use of third party applications and/or precise geolocation data and other information, and may combine this information with information they collect directly through tracking technologies or that they receive other partners, both online and offline, so that they may recognize you across other browsers or devices you use, including computers, mobile devices and Smart TVs. These third parties use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
To opt-out or control third-party tracking and advertising:
- Interest-based advertising. To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of the use of your personal information to inform and display targeted advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at aboutads.info/choices.
- Mobile advertising. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
- Cross-device linking. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use.
- Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you will need to opt-out again.
- Google Analytics and Advertising. We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Doubleclick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences or by vising NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- You may request access to, or correction of, your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Company takes special precautions to protect the privacy of our younger users. The Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 (a “child”). The Service is not intended to be used by children under the age of 13.
If Company learns that we have inadvertently collected personal information of a child without parental consent, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has a registered account with our Service without your consent, please alert us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section applies to you if you are a resident of the state of California (a “consumer”). California law requires us to disclose certain information regarding the categories of personal information we collect. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning provided by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and does not include information that is publicly available, that is deidentified or aggregated such that it is not capable of being associated with an identifiable consumer or device.
We will collect data from the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, unique device identifiers or other similar identifiers.
- California customer records, such as age.
- Commercial information, such as records of services purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Internet/Network information, such as device information, logs, and analytics data.
- Geolocation data, such as precise location data from your mobile device (e.g., GPS coordinates) or generated based on your IP address.
- Inferences about your interests and preferences, generated from your use of our services.
- Other personal information, such as driving event and movement data collected from your mobile device, or content or messages you send through the Service.
We collect this information directly from you, from our business partners, from your browser or device when you visit our websites, and from third parties that you permit to share information with us.
We may disclose the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business purpose: Identifiers, California customer records, Commercial information, Internet/Network information, Geolocation data, Inferences, and Other personal information.
Your Rights and Choices: As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights (subject to certain limitations under law):
- The Right to Know any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity: (i) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of personal information we have collected about you; (iii) the categories of sources of the personal information; (iv) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed; (v) the categories of personal information we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and (vi) the business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The Right to Request Deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to opt out of personal information sales to third parties now or in the future.
- You also have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising these rights. However, please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
To Submit your California Consumer Rights Requests: You may submit a request to exercise your California Consumer Rights through one of the mechanisms described below. We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional personal information from you or require you to log into your account. In certain circumstances, we may decline or limit your request, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems, or as permitted by law.
- To exercise your Right to Know or your Right to Request Deletion: Submit a request by emailing email@example.com and including your account name and mobile telephone number as well as the consumer right you would like to exercise. We may need to contact you to request additional information to verify your request. We will process your request and send an email confirmation once your request has been fulfilled.
- Authorized Agents. You may authorize another person (your “agent”) to submit a California consumer rights request on your behalf. Authorized agents must submit the request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a signed letter from the Service user confirming the agent has permission to submit the request on the user’s behalf. In certain circumstances, we may need to request additional information to verify the identity of the user about whom the request is being made and/or to verify that the user has provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request, and it may take additional time to fulfil agent-submitted requests. Please note that for privacy and security reasons, we will direct future communications to the Service user on whose behalf the request was made. We may deny a request in the event we are not able to verify the authorized agent’s authority to act on your behalf.
Minors: We do not sell the personal information of California consumers we know to be less than 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18 and you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, please contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
California’s “Shine the Light” Law: California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) provides certain rights to California residents that have an established business relationship with us about the disclosure of certain types of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To opt-out of having your personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please click the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link.
- YOUR NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Interactive Education Concepts, Inc.
ATTN: MyImprov.com Privacy
17328 Ventura Blvd Suite 202
Encino, CA 91316