You're almost ready to start your Michigan course!
You will be up and running in less than 30 seconds
Which Michigan course should I choose?
Select this course if you received a ticket in Michigan and an eligibility letter from the Michigan Secretary of State indicating that you are eligible to take the Basic Driver Improvement Course (BDIC) to avoid points from the ticket being added to your driving record.
*$17.50 State Fee
See why over 3 million students picked us as the number one choice...
Written by professional Hollywood writers and fueled by laughs from the Improv Comedy Club
SOS Approved BDIC Online
Google Defensive Driving and you will get 100s of choices but only handful of online defensive driving courses are approved by the Secretary of State. We are honored to be one of them.
Voted Best Traffic School
Won countless accolades from students and the media, including "Best Traffic School" designation.
Certificate in 30 Minutes
Shortest course allowed by MI law. Complete at your own pace with NO TIMERS. Once you do, we’ll do the rest, including MI SOS reporting.
24/7 US Based Support
Rain, snow, or shine - our US based support team is here 7 days a week ready assist you with any questions you may have.
Cut The Cord
Access your Michigan Driver Improvement Course anywhere, anytime from any device.
We just ask that you don't do it while driving.
Driver Improvement Course by Improv was created over 20 years ago...
Founded in partnership with the World Famous Improv Comedy Club.
Created by the famed Improv Comedy Club, our Improv Driver Improvement Course provides a convenient and cost-effective way to complete your defensive driving class online. Based on a simple notion that a SOS Approved BDIC Online doesn’t have to be dry and boring, our SOS Approved BDIC Online Course has undergone numerous studies and have proven effective in reducing future tickets and accidents.
- We are accepted by all MI courts
- Certificate in 30 minutes
- Voted #1 Best Defensive Driving School
- Only 8 Chapters
- 25 q. multiple-choice exit quiz
- 24/7 US Based Support
We are pleased to be certified by State of Michigan for our Michigan Driver Improvement Course. View our certification.
*$17.50 State Fee
Get started FAST
Take advantage of our free express registration and get going in less than one minute.
8 simple chapters on an easy to navigate page. If you are not ready to pay, you can start the course now with no obligations just pay at any time before you complete to get full credit.
Still not convinced? See Our Testimonials.
From students who took our Driver Improvement Courses in Michigan.
Michigan Driver Improvement Course
More information to help you make the right choice.
In Michigan the Secretary of State allows some drivers who have received minor traffic tickets to take a Basic Driver Improvement Course (BDIC). Also known as a defensive driving course, the BDIC has the following benefits:
- Driving points from the citation may be waived.
- If the DMV has made the course a requirement, you satisfy it.
- Car insurance rates may not be raised, if your insurance company sees that you are a responsible driver.
- If you complete a driver improvement traffic school, you may be eligible for an insurance premium discount.
- The refresher gives you a good chance to become a better driver - reducing traffic violations and preventing accidents.
This page shows Michigan traffic schools, options for course completion, and what to do with your Michigan Defensive Driving certificate when you pass the course/school.
Michigan Driver Improvement Traffic School
Taking a defensive driving course may enable you to:
- Get your traffic ticket dismissed.
- Prevent your driver's license from being suspended.
- Earn a discount on your vehicle insurance premiums.
You can take traffic school either online or in person. Michigan Defensive Driving courses online enable you to study on your own time and at your own speed.
Michigan Traffic Ticket Dismissal
The Michigan Secretary of State's (SOS) office will let you know if you are eligible to dismiss your traffic ticket by taking a defensive driving course. These are the general qualifications they look for:
- Your driving record shows only two points or less.
- You hold a valid driver's license that is non-commercial.
- The ticket you received counts 3 points or less and is for a non-criminal offense such as tailgating, running a traffic light/stop sign, or speeding.
If you take the driver improvement program you must complete it within 60 days. The course provider will alert the Michigan SOS that you have met their completion requirements.
For those not eligible to dismiss their ticket via the basic driver improvement course, your driving record will reflect the increase in points, which may result in suspension of your driver's license if you have too many points.
Michigan Auto Insurance Discount
Taking Michigan Defensive Driving traffic school voluntarily will most likely set you up for a decrease in insurance premiums. It shows you as a serious safe driver, who may qualify for a discount, regardless of age. For more information, contact your auto insurance company.
Defensive Driving Course Details
The topics covered in a standard defensive driving course in Michigan are as follows:
- Basic driving and safety techniques
- Traffic laws and their equivalent violations
- How to share the road with others respectfully
- The consequences of alcohol and drug violations