You're almost ready to start your New Jersey course!
You will be up and running in less than 30 seconds
See why over 3 million students picked us as the number one choice...
Written by professional Hollywood writers and fueled by laughs from the Improv Comedy Club
Approved by NJ MVC
Improv Traffic School is pleased to be approved, and certified, by the State of New Jersey for our Online Defensive Driving Courses.
Voted Best Traffic School
Won countless accolades from students and the media, including "Best Traffic School" designation.
Free Same Day Processing
You will have an option to print a copy of your completion certificate within 30 minutes of completion. We also report your completion directly to the NJ MVC on your behalf (within 24 hours).
24/7 US Based Support
Rain, snow, or shine - our US based support team is here 7 days a week ready assist you with any questions you may have.
Cut The Cord
Access your New Jersey Defensive Driving course anywhere, anytime from any device.
We just ask that you don't do it while driving.
Defensive Driving Course by Improv was created over 20 years ago...
Founded in partnership with the World Famous Improv Comedy Club.
Our New Jersey Defensive Driving School was created with the World Famous Improv Comedy Club to make it Fun Fast and Effective. Improv Traffic School's unique edutainment courses have won copious accolades from students and the media resulting in our being named Best Traffic School year after year.
- Only $19.95
- Certificate in 30 minutes
- Voted #1 Best Defensive Driving School
- Only 10 Chapters
- 25 q. multiple-choice exit quiz
- No Proctored Exams
- 24/7 US Based Support
We are pleased to be approved by individual NJ MVC View our certification.
"Defensive Driving designed with you in mind"
Complete at YOUR pace on YOUR time at YOUR place
Still not convinced? See Our Testimonials.
From students who took our Defensive Driving School in New Jersey.
What You Should Know About New Jersey Defensive Driving
More information to help you make the right choice.
Following are the steps necessary to attend a NJ defensive driving course online and get your auto insurance discount and driver license point reduction:
- All family members who are a principal driver on the insurance policy should take the NJ defensive driving course to each receive a 5%-10% discount on the auto insurance policy. Example: Four family members with four vehicles on the policy can save up to 40%!
- Review the list of approved NJ DMV defensive driving course.
- Choose the best New Jersey online defensive driving course for you.
- Register for the New Jersey defensive driving course.
- Take and complete the NJ online defensive driving course. Complete the course at your convenience in the same day or over several months; the decision is all yours!
- Log back into the NJ defensive driving course online 30 minutes after completing it to download and print two copies of your certificate of completion. Keep one copy for your records and submit the other copy to your insurance company to receive your insurance rate discount.
- Begin saving money on your auto insurance. Take the NJ defensive driving online every three years to renew and retain your insurance rate discount!
- The defensive driving school NJ will automatically report your completion to the New Jersey MVC for processing of your two (2) point reduction on your driving record. Take the NJ defensive driving course every five (5) years to delete 2-points from your driving record.
There are several reasons why it may be a good idea for a New Jersey driver to take a defensive driving course. Such courses not only teach important accident prevention techniques but can also enable drivers to get a discount on their auto insurance. Additionally, a New Jersey defensive driving course can enable a driver to get bad points removed from his or her record and/or get a traffic ticket dismissed.
A defensive driving course must be provided by a state approved body. Drivers have the option to either attend the course in person or take it online. The latter option is naturally ideal for those who have a full time job and/or other important responsibilities that must be managed during regular work hours. A defensive driving course must be completed within 180 days, those who do not complete the course during this time period will be automatically counted as having failed the course. Refunds are not provided for anyone who fails to complete the course before the appointed deadline.
As was noted above, taking a New Jersey defensive driving course can enable a driver to have points removed from his or her license. However, it should be noted that the points can only be removed if they are present at the time a driver signs up for the course. What is more, only two points can be removed every five years.
Points can result in the suspension or even loss of one's license; given this fact, it behooves a driver to be aware of driving rules and regulations in the state so as to avoid accumulating points and/or driving tickets. Following are some infractions that can result in the addition of points to one's license:
Two Point Infractions:
- Failing to stop at a crosswalk or safety zone
- Failing to give right of way to emergency vehicles
- Driving the wrong way
Three Point Infractions
- Making an erroneous left/right turn or U-turn
- Making an improper turn at a stop light
Four Point Infractions
- Speeding (anywhere from 15 to 29 miles per hour over the posted speed limit)
- Improper passing
Five Point Infractions
- Driving in a reckless manner
- Speeding (30 or more miles per hour over the posted speed limit)
Course Details and Requirements
A defensive driving course can take one to six hours to complete, after which you will take a short 25 question quiz and you are done .
It should be noted that in some cases signing up for a defensive driving course will not result in the dismissal of a traffic ticket or help a driver remove points from his or her driver’s license. This is something that is determined on a case by case basis; when in doubt, a driver should check with the court handling his or her case as well as the defensive driving course provider.
Generally speaking, those who want to get a ticket dismissed or have points removed from a license will need to have a valid driver’s license from the state and have committed only a single violation while driving a personal vehicle. Furthermore, those who have taken a defensive driving course in the last twelve to eighteen months are not eligible for point removal or ticket dismissal.