About the Course
- The citation you received was a moving violation.
- You pled guilty to the citation.
- You paid the citation fine in full prior to completing the course.
- You did not receive your citation while driving a commercial motor vehicle.
- You do not have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) from Missouri or any other state.
- You received your citation in one of the following counties*: Adair, Andrew, Atchison, Audrain, Barton, Bollinger, Boone, Buchanan, Butler, Callaway, Cape Girardeau, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dade, Daviess, Franklin, Gasconade, Greene, Grundy, Harrison, Hickory, Holt, Howell, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Livingston, Macon, Madison, Marion, McDonald, Miller, Nodaway, Oregon, Osage, Pemiscot, Perry, Pike, Platte, Putnam, Reynolds, Ripley, Saline, Schuyler, Scott, Shannon, Shelby, St. Clair, Ste. Genevieve, Sullivan, Vernon, Wayne, Worth, Wright. * The name of the county in which you received your citation can be located at the top of your citation in the first block.
If the county in which you received your citation is not listed above and you would like to take the Driver Improvement Program (DIP), you must first plead not guilty to the Fine Collection Center (FCC). FCC will then send your citation to the prosecuting attorney in the county where the citation was issued. After the prosecutor files the citation with the court, the court will schedule a court date and notify you of this date. If you plead guilty at the court, the court has the authority to allow you to attend DIP to avoid points being assessed on your driving record. However, this decision is made by the court on a case–by–case basis and there is no guarantee that the court will allow you to take the DIP to avoid points on your driver’s license. You should check with the court in the county where the ticket was issued to learn about local policies concerning DIP.