You would not be eligible to take a Driving Safety Course for ticket dismissal purposes:
- if you have a Commercial Driver License (CDL); ?
- if you don’t admit guilt or refuse to sign a statement that you do not dispute or challenge the ticket (nolo contendere); and
- if your ticket was for speeding 25mph faster than the posted speed limit.
Remember, the court makes the final decision on whether you will be allowed to dismiss your ticket by taking a driving safety course. Therefore, we recommend that you contact the court before taking the driving safety course to dismiss a ticket.
However, our reporting your completion to the TEA does not substitute the need to submit your certificate to the court. Your ticket will not be dismissed until you submit your certificate of completion (and driving record, if required) to the court.
Improv’s Defensive Driving course consists of an introduction, ten (10) easy-to-follow modules, and a final 20 question multiple-choice quiz.
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) requires that you spend a minimum of 360 minutes (6 hours) in the course. You can proceed through the course at your own pace. It’s your option to either complete all material at once or in a number of sessions. We grant you unlimited in-and-out login privileges as long as you can complete the course before your court due date. Once you complete chapter material for all chapters, you can proceed to the final quiz. We will issue you an instant acknowledgement of course completion and will send you an original completion certificate within 24 hours of completion via the mailing preference you selected during registration.
- One certificate will be marked “Court”
- One certificate will be marked “Insurance”
1. If you score less than 70% (14 questions) on the final 20-question multiple choice. However, you will be given two (2) additional opportunities to re-take the final quiz at no additional charge.
2. If you miss more than 3 (three) out of 10 personal validation questions asked throughout the course, you will fail the course.
TX TEA regulations state that if you fail the course, you are NOT entitled to a refund, but you are eligible to re-register for the course and take it again from the beginning.
Please Note: All questions are multiple choice, and are covered in the chapter material. In addition, you also have the option to print the chapter content for further review.
Dismiss A Traffic Ticket?
Successful completion of the Texas Driving Safety Course will allow you to dismiss a traffic ticket from your driving record if approved to do so by the Court.
Insurance Rate Reduction
?Most Texas insurance companies will provide an insurance premium discount (usually 10%) for three years on the liability portion of your auto insurance when you submit to them your certificate of course completion issued by a Texas TEA-approved driving safety course provider. Check with your insurance agent for details.
NOTE: Your ticket will not be dismissed until you submit your certificate of completion (and driving record, if required) to the court.
- After the completion certificate is issued.
- If you received a failing grade on the course final quiz or personal ID validation.
All refunds will be credited back to the original credit card that was used to pay for the course. Qualified refunds will be issued within 10 days following receipt of an eligible cancellation request. Refunds will not be issued once a completion certificate has been issued.