Below are the options available to you for Bexar County Traffic Tickets as well as our recommended best choice for your Bexar County traffic citation:
Complete a TDLR-Approved Defensive Driving Course
Attending a Texas Approved Defensive driving is the surest way to handle your Bexar County traffic ticket. You will avoid points from appearing on your driving record which will keep your insurance rates from going up.
We recommend taking TX Defensive Driving Online. It is easy and simple and can be done 24/7 from your computer without leaving your home.
- Enter a plea of guilty
- Waive a trial by jury
- Submit to the court a Driving Safety Course Request Form
To pay your ticket, request to attend defensive driving or to request an extension, you may do so the following ways:
- In person
Check your ticket to see what court your ticket was assigned to.
- Alamo Heights Municipal Court
- Balcones Heights Municipal Court
- Castle Hills Municipal Court
- China Grove Municipal
- Converse Municipal Court
- Elmendorf Municipal Court
- Fair Oaks Ranch Municipal Court
- Grey Forest Municipal Court
- Helotes Municipal Court
- Hill Country Village Municipal Court
- Hollywood Park Municipal Court
- JP Court Precinct 1 Place 1
- JP Court Precinct 1 Place 2
- JP Court Precinct 1 Place 3
- JP Court Precinct 2 Place 1
- JP Court Precinct 2 Place 2
- JP Court Precinct 2 Place 3
- JP Court Precinct 3 Place 1
- JP Court Precinct 3 Place 2
- JP Court Precinct 4 Place 1
- JP Court Precinct 4 Place 2
- Kirby Municipal Court
- Leon Valley Municipal Court
- Live Oak Municipal Court
- Olmos Park Municipal Court
- San Antonio Municipal Court
- Selma Municipal Court
- Shavano Park Municipal Court
- Somerset Municipal Court
- Universal City Municipal Court
- Windcrest Municipal Court
5 Things to Look for When Choosing Bexar County Defensive Driving Course
- Is it licensed by the TDLR (Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation)?
- Will your completion certificate be available in time so you do not miss your due date?
- Are there any hidden fees? If the pricing seems too good to be true, it might be. Make sure the price includes reporting, certificate, customer support, etc.
- Does the school offer 24/7 support? What happens when you need help, especially when you are cutting close to your due date?
- Is it easy to use? Not all courses are created equal. Make sure the course will save you progress when you need to stop and take a break. Also, make sure you can access the course on any electronic device at any time.
Other Options You Have for Your Traffic Tickets
Pay your citation:
Traffic ticket fines must be paid prior to the due date or penalties will incur. Paying for your traffic citation will result in points being placed on your driving record for 3 years. This is not the best choice, as points on your driver’s license will cause your insurance rates to significantly increase and can cost you thousands over time.
Fight the ticket:
If you feel you are innocent of the violation, you may contest your citation. You’ll need to notify your county court that you intend to submit a not guilty plea. You can do this at the court or you can mail it in – just do it before the due date on your ticket. You will then receive a court date when you will argue your case before a judge. You will have to prepare evidence or even hire a lawyer to do this.
So, here’s the question: are you feeling lucky?