Below are the options available to you for Phoenix traffic tickets as well as our recommended best choice for your Phoenix traffic citation:
Complete an AZ Supreme Court-Approved Defensive Driving Course
Taking an AZ Supreme Court-approved defensive driving course is the fastest and most reliable way to handle your Phoenix traffic ticket. You will avoid points from appearing on your driving record and keep your insurance rates from going up.
To pay your ticket/request to attend traffic school or to request an extension, you may do so in the following ways:
- In person. Check your ticket to see what Phoenix court your ticket was assigned to.
- Have your ticket and driver license information ready to find your citation information.
- Phoenix Court
We offer AZ Defensive Driving Online. This is a simple option that can be done 24/7 from your computer without having to leave your home in Phoenix.
What to Do after Completing Traffic School:
Once you complete your online course, you are done. Your traffic school course completion will be electronically transmitted to the AZ Phoenix Court. On your behalf, the AZ Phoenix Court reports your completion to the court as well, so there is no need to turn in any certificates to the court. However, the online traffic school will provide you with a completion receipt as proof of your completion for your records.
Five Things to Look for When Choosing Phoenix County Traffic School
- Is it licensed by the AZ Supreme Court?
- Will they process your completion certificate before your due date?
- Are there any hidden fees? If the pricing seems too good to be true, it might be. Make sure the price includes reporting, certificate, customer support, etc.
- Does the school offer 24/7 support? If you’re cutting close to your due date and have a question, you’ll want to speak to knowledgeable customer support.
- Is it easy to use? Not all courses are created equal. Make sure the course will save you progress when you need to stop and take a break. Also, make sure you can access the course on any electronic device at any time.
Other Options You Have for Your Traffic Tickets
Admit responsibility and pay your citation:
Traffic ticket fines must be paid prior to the due date or penalties will incur. If you pay your ticket fee, you will not be allowed to attend traffic school.
Fight the ticket:
If you feel you are innocent of the violation, you may contest your citation by appearing in court and entering a plea of not guilty. To do this, you must:
- Submit a written request for a court trial.
- Pay the full amount of bail, which is indicated on the notice you should have received in the mail.
Your written request for a court trial, along with a check for the full bail amount may be submitted to the court clerk’s office in person. If you are declared innocent of the violation by the judge, your traffic ticket will be dismissed, and your fines will be refunded to you by the Phoenix traffic court. Keep in mind that if you choose this option, you won’t be able to enroll into traffic school.