There are several ways you can get your driver license suspended in the Sunshine State, but only one way to get it lifted. You will need to go a FL DMV office to go through a Florida license reinstatement process. For those thinking, “Can you reinstate your license online?” The answer is, “No, but you can use online assistance to help you prepare.” Reinstating your license may take some time. However, if you know the procedures that await you and know how to prepare, you will save some valuable hours. You will also be able to drive home from the FL DMV with the best reinstate license Florida has ever seen!
How to check if my license is suspended in FLThe easiest way to see if your license is suspended is to perform a license status check online here: https://services.flhsmv.gov/dlcheck/. Florida HSMV offers online services to help you learn the status of your driver’s license. You will need to know:
- Your driver license number
- Social Security number and/or
- Insurance policy number
How much to reinstate your license in Florida?The standard fee for reinstating your license is $45. However, if you’ve allowed your license to fault to a revocation, then you can expect to pay upwards to $75. Here’s a more thorough breakdown of associated fines:
- Unpaid traffic tickets: $60
- Child support delinquency: $60
- Failure to own car insurance: $150
- Alcohol or drug related fees: $130
What is a license reinstatement?A license reinstatement is when your driver’s license is no longer suspended after a probationary period. After meeting the correct requirements (issued by the Florida HSMV) you will be able to reinstate your license. This will fully allow you to utilize your license.
Reasons for license suspensionYou can have your license suspension due to poor driving behavior or delinquencies on specific payments. The DMV will suspend your license when your actions become destructive or you become aloof. In other words, a license suspension is the repercussion of your irresponsibleness. According to the Florida DMV, the following are grounds in which your license can be suspended:
- Failure to comply or appear in a traffic summons
- Failure to pay fines
- Failure to complete a driver improvement course
- Showing your incapability of operating a vehicle
- Driving record point accumulation
- Traffic violation resulting in the death or serious injury of another person
- Owning a fraudulent license
- Being delinquent on paying child support
How to reinstate your licenseEach suspended driver has a different list of requirements to fulfill before they can reinstate their license. Check your suspension notice to confirm what you need to do. The list may include:
- Pay various fines
- Take FLHSMV-approved traffic school (optional)
- Take drug and alcohol course
- Take court-ordered community service hours
- Complete jail time
- Complete probation period
You will have to visit a “participating” Florida DMV license office. Not all FL DMV offices have the capability to reinstate your license, so make sure you research the branch you want to go to first.
While there, you will have to pay any fines and fees associated with your license suspension. The amount of money you pay will vary depending on the reason for suspension.
Moreover, you may have to provide specific DMV required documentation, depending on the reason for suspension. To find the full list of documentation you will need, visit the FLHSMV. There you will find the specific documents and more on your suspended license requirements.
Getting your license back is only the beginning. You might reflect on the how your lost your license in the first place, and how to avoid having it happen again. A great way to do this is to brush up on safe driving practices and the rules of the road through a driver improvement course. It's never the wrong time to make a positive change to avoid trouble down the road.
- For More Information On Florida Drivers License Check, Click : Florida Drivers License Check
- Stay informed about your driver's license - Check status and renewals in California at Check Drivers License Status CA and License Renewals!
- Discover the hidden history of California license plates - Check your plate now at California License Plate Check!
- Navigate the process of Florida car registration effortlessly - Find out more at Florida Car Registration!
- Lost your Arizona license? Learn how to easily obtain a new one online with our comprehensive guide to replacing lost licenses in Arizona