How to Dismiss a Ticket through Defensive Driving
Getting a ticket dismissed through attending defensive driving classes may be somewhat stressful. However, if you follow our six steps found below, it is a breeze.
Step 1: Are you eligible to take a defensive driving class?
You are eligible to take defensive driving in Texas if you meet these conditions:
- You do not have a CDL commercial driver’s license
- You haven’t already taken a defensive course in the past year
- You aren’t already taking defensive driving for another violation
Most minor traffic citations will be dismissed if you take defensive driving. You may NOT take defensive driving in Texas to dismiss any of the violations below:
- Not carrying car insurance
- Speeding at or above 25 MPH over the speed limit posted
- Passing a school bus
- Hit and run (leaving an accident in which you were involved)
- Violations occurring in a construction zone
Step 2: Ask the Court for permission to take the defensive driving course.
Tell the court appointee that you are enrolling in our defensive driving course, approved by TEA (TEA School #: C2663-4 TEA Course Provider #: CP342) and get their approval.
Step 3: Obtain a current copy of your personal driving record for the court.
If you order with the online ordering system at our site, you will receive your driving record in one day or less. We will have your certified, official 3A DPS driver record sent out via UPS, USPS or email.
Step 4: Enroll in a Texas online defensive driving course.
Improv’s defensive driving course in Texas is approved by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) for insurance discount and ticket dismissal purposes. This driving course will fully satisfy your requirements for court. It will also remove points from your driver’s license that have resulted from a traffic ticket.
Step 5: Complete the online course.
The course in defensive driving in Texas from IMPROV is a simple, quick and fun way to have your ticket dismissed. We have:
- 24/7 customer support
- A quick, 20 question quiz
- Same day certificate processing
- Four VIP tickets to the Improv Comedy Club (a $60 value!) and even more!
Step 6: Submit your defensive driving course completion certificate and driving record to the court.
After you complete the course, we will process your certificate the same day.