Confirm if you qualify. You can opt to attend traffic school if:
- You have a valid CA Driver’s License
- Your ticket is for a basic moving violation such as infractions like speeding, failure to stop, etc.
- You have not attended a traffic school within 18 months
Traffic School is NOT an option if:
- You have attended traffic school within the last 18 months
- You were cited for equipment offense
- It’s a parking ticket
- You are under 18 (you may need to appear in front of the judge to request Traffic School)
- You were cited for a misdemeanor, or more serious offenses like a DUI, reckless driving etc.
- If you have a commercial license or were driving a commercial vehicle
If you qualify, follow these steps:
- Enroll in traffic school You can take it in-person or online.
- Notify Court that you will be completing traffic school. This means you will have to pay your ticket (bail) and additional administrative fees to the court prior to traffic school completion.This MUST be done before you complete traffic school and before your ticket DUE DATE. You can do this online or in person, to find your court click here
- Make sure that you complete the course on or BEFORE your COURT DUE DATE. Traffic school will electronically submit your completion to the DMV and Courts and you are official done.