Moving to Arizona or beginning a new job there? Then you should visit the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division as soon as possible.

In fact, according to Arizona state law you must register with the Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles “immediately” if you plan on driving there for any length of time for work, school or an extended stay longer than seven months. Arizona has very strict rules regarding driving privileges and identification, so if you think you might be spending some time there it is best to visit the Arizona DMV and find out how you can meet the state requirements before you start driving around.

State law requires that you obtain an Arizona vehicle registration and driver license, immediately if any of the following applies. If you:

Work in Arizona (other than for seasonal agricultural work) –or–
Are registered to vote in Arizona –or–
Place children in school without paying the tuition rate of a nonresident –or–
Have a business that has an office in Arizona, and that bases and operates vehicles in this state –or–
Obtain a state license or pay school tuition fees at the same rate as an Arizona resident –or–
Have a business that operates vehicles to transport goods or passengers within Arizona –or–
Remain in Arizona for a total of 7 months or more during any calendar year, regardless of your permanent residence.

Out-of-state students enrolled with 7 or more semester hours, are not considered Arizona residents, regardless of employment.

Active duty military personnel based in Arizona who qualify for exemption under the Service Members Civil Relief Act of 2003 are not considered Arizona residents.

Don’t forget, if you need an excellent online traffic school we have Arizona state specific classes open right now!