Steps for Taking Florida Traffic School
Following are the steps necessary to attend a Florida online traffic school in order to dismiss your FL traffic ticket:
- Within 30 days of receiving your ticket, pay your ticket fine and inform the court that you opt to take FL traffic school
- Inform the court that you opt to take FL traffic school, which with most courts entails submitting a form (often called an “Affidavit”) that indicates you are electing the Florida traffic school option. Check with the Clerk for the Florida County that is handling your ticket on how to properly elect the traffic school option for your ticket.
- Review the list of Approved Florida Traffic Schools.
- Choose the best Florida online Florida traffic school for you.
- Register for the 4-hour Florida Basic Driver Improvement Course with a Florida traffic school online as soon as possible
- Take and complete the FL BDI course online. Complete the course at your own pace the same day or over multiple days; it’s all up to you – just make sure to complete the course before the due date assigned to you by the court.
- Download and print two copies of your certificate of completion and your free Improv Comedy Club e-tickets, which will be available to you 30 minutes after completing the course. Retain one copy for your records and submit the other copy to the court. Please note: We electronically report completions to the following counties on the students’ behalf: Broward, Palm Beach, Miami.
Note: You typically have between 60 and 90 days (depending on the county) from the date you elect to take traffic school to the date the court must receive your certificate of completion. You may submit your certificate in person or by mail. In addition, some counties allow you to fax your certificate of completion.