Defensive Driving Course NY
Following are the steps necessary to attend a NY defensive driving course online and get your auto insurance discount and point reduction:
- Every three years, all family members who are a principal driver of a vehicle on the insurance policy should take the NYS defensive driving course – Each driver will receive a 10% discount on the auto insurance policy.
Example: Four family members with four vehicles on the policy will save 40%!
- Review the list of NYS DMV-Approved PIRP Providers.
- Choose the best online defensive driving course for you.
- Register for the NY State defensive driving course online as soon as possible
- Take and complete the NY online defensive driving course. Complete the course at your convenience in the same day or over 30 days; it’s up to you!
- Log back into the course 30 minutes after completing the NY defensive driving class to download and print two copies of your insurance copy certificate of completion . Retain one copy for your records and submit the other copy to your insurance company to process your insurance rate discount. Please note: Your original certificate of completion will be mailed to you the very next day after you complete the course.
- Begin saving money on your auto insurance! Repeat every three years to renew and retain your insurance rate discount.
- The defensive driving school NY will electronically report your completion to the NYS DMV within 14 days so that the DMV can process your four (4) point reduction against driver license suspension (points received within the past 18 months). Take the NY defensive driving course online every 18 months for point reduction/suspended license prevention purposes.