Preparing For a Road Signs Test
One of the most important parts of getting your driver's license is the road signs test that you have to complete. As the name suggests, this test is designed to make sure that you understand the information that highway signs, signals, road markers and other types of objects are trying to convey. In order to pass the test, you need to accomplish two separate things:
- Show that you can identify road signs by not only shape, but by color.
- Explain in detail what each type of sign actually means.
Tips for Road Signs Test Success
- Keep in mind that the road signs test will be in English only. All drivers need to display an ability to understand simple English words like the kinds that are commonly found on road signs, as the signs themselves won't have any other languages written on them.
- Study the driver's manual for your state in great detail. The section labeled "Traffic Signs" is designed to help with exactly this type of test.
- Don't be afraid to take a practice road signs test. These can be found either for small costs or for free on the Internet. Your driver's manual may also have one that you can take.
- While you're at it, take practice tests for the driver's license tests, too. These practices tests are commonly available on the DMV website or in the state handbook.