Your monthly car insurance bill is probably one of the biggest ones, especially if you have multiple vehicles. Fortunately, there are some discounts you can utilize to slash away at your monthly bill and put that cash into your pocket.
It’s actually pretty simple to do. Just finish a defensive driving course with a traffic school of your choice. (as long as it qualifies)
Driver Training Discounts
Driver training discount requirements vary from state to state, but some common requirements are:
- Must be younger than 21 years old.
- Must finish a state-approved driver’s ed course.
- Minimum number of supervised driving hours included.
- Must provide proof of completion of driver’s ed.
Defensive Driving Discounts
As often is the case, this discount applies mostly to older drivers aged 50 and up.
A defensive driving course will teach you the following information:
- Defensive driving tips and techniques.
- The traffic laws in your state.
- Drug and alcohol-related information.
- Adverse driving conditions.
The discount requirements for a defensive driving course will again depend on your state, but some of the main ones are listed below:
- The defensive driving course should be recognized as legitimate by your provider, and you must pass a final exam.
- This discount can only be utilized one time every three years.
- Usually, you can only use this discount once per vehicle.
Contact your car insurance provider to get more information about the defensive driving discount.
Note: Those who must take a defensive driving course due to court requirements do not qualify for a discount.
Added Safe Driver Discounts
Many providers will have safe driver discounts, which go by the names of good driver discounts or accident-free discounts.
Those who have a clean driving record should definitely look into these safe driver discounts.