Learner’s Permit Form RequirementsIn Florida, you must be 15 years of age or older to be allowed to receive a learner’s permit. You must also supply the following documents:
- Parental Consent Form: If under 18 years old, you’ll need to provide a signed Parental Consent Form. (The form will have to be signed in front of the examiner, or a notary public if parent won’t be in attendance.)
- TLSAE Course Completion: Proof of successful completion of the Traffic Law & Substance Abuse Education Course or comparable from another state, jurisdiction or country
- Proof of Your Identity: In order to be in compliance with the requirements of the REAL ID Act, those applying for a license in person must supply documents to show proof of identity, legal residence, social security number and date and place of birth.
Note: You must provide at least two documents to verify proof of residence:
- One (1) Primary piece of Identification (an original or a certified copy) – Your birth certificate for the United States, a current U.S. passport or passport card, a Certificate of Citizenship, a Consular Birth Report for Birth Abroad,? or a Certificate of U.S. Naturalization.
- Proof of social security number – An official Social Security card, a W2 form (printed, not hand written), SSA-1099, or any 1099 (not hand written)?? or a paycheck stub. If you do not have your own Social Security Number, click here.
- Proof of your residential address – Click here for acceptable documents? of proof
The Florida DMV Written ExamIn order to receive a learner’s permit, you must pass the Florida Road Rules & Signs test. You can take this test at your local DMV office or online. This written exam covers the following:
- 20 multiple choice questions on the Rules of the Road, with 15 correct required to pass.
- 20 multiple choice questions on the Road Signs, with 15 correct required to pass.
- A Vision Test with a testing machine. In order to pass, you must have 20/40 or better vision in each eye separately as well as both eyes. Corrective lenses can be worn.
- A Hearing Test with a machine that will present a series of sounds at varying volumes